Latest News Papers | News Papers Online | Journal News Paper | Technology News Paper

Translate

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rahane vows to do his best

Talented Ajinkya Rahane has captured everyone's imagination with his confident batting in the ODIs but unlike his expressive batting, he is a man of few words.

"I would try to do my best in the remaining three ODIs and hopefully India can win," stated Rahane, adding he has no fitness worries ahead of the game.

Rahane sprained his ankle during the second ODI at Southampton but, the young right-hander is ready to open again for India in the day-night game on Friday.

The Mumbai opener made 40 and 54 in the first two ODIs and looks undeterred by the reputation of England bowlers who scythed the famous Indian batting line-up in Tests.

"I had done no preparations before coming here. Initially, I was nervous. But I learnt as I went along. Everyone in the dressing room was good enough to boost me. Seniors such as Sachin and Dhoni asked me to play as I am used to without worrying too much about the opposition and conditions."

Rahane has a formidable first-class record, averaging 67 with the bat. In the four years that he has been around in domestic cricket, he credits former Mumbai coach Praveen Amre a lot for his style of batting, something that has attracted a lot of praise from former players like, Sanjay Manjrekar.

No comments: